Bet you thought I was ignoring you...I wasn't! I promise. Just have had a few busy days since I last wrote.
In case you were wondering, the baby shower was fantastic. Adrienne about cried when she saw me and I about cried when I saw her! She looks so beautiful. A lot of my college girlfriends live in Washington, D.C. so it was the perfect reason to get the "band back together". And boy did we ever! The shower was lovely. I was in charge of games. She is so tiny (even at 8 months) so I didn't think she would mind the ribbon game. We had each guest guess the size of her belly with a ribbon. Everyone over estimated!
It was really cute. The 2nd game was a bit of a dud--we took the labels off 8 jars of baby food and had each guest guess the main ingredient by sight, taste, and smell. The turkey & chicken were putrid! Just awful. :)
I flew back from DC on Sunday and left early Monday morning to travel for work. Returned home late Thursday night, worked Friday and then left for Tampa for the concert of the year....U2 360 Tour! And let me tell you it did not disappoint! Bono looked great in his leather jacket and yellow tinted glasses. They played all my favorites and then some. Check out the play list.
Setlist:Breathe
Get On Your Boots
Mysterious Ways
Beautiful Day / Blackbird (snippet)
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Stand By Me (snippet)
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
No Line On The Horizon
Magnificent
Elevation
Until The End Of The World
The Unforgettable Fire
Mofo (snippet) / City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight / Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin) (snippet) / Don't Stop 'Til
You Get Enough (snippet)Sunday Bloody Sunday / Get Up Stand Up (snippet)
MLK
Walk Onencore(s):
One / Amazing Grace (snippet)
Where The Streets Have No Name
Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
With Or Without You
Moment of Surrender
It was awesome. High octane energy from start to finish. The photos don't do the set justice.
After the craziness of the past two weeks, I reflected on all the awful things my body had endured and wanted to make a change. I had read about doing a detox cleanse many, many times before but never really felt it was right for me. After two weeks of eating out almost every night and making poor food choices, I had enough! So I'm doing a short (5 day) cleanse to rid my body of all the gross toxins. I decided on the Master Cleanse Detox Plan http://themastercleanse.org/. Its the first detox plan that I have ever tried. So we'll see how it goes. I'm on day 2. My first day, I weened myself off solid foods living on oranges, water, and soup broth (and boy was I hungry) today, I'm drinking the crazy lemonade concoction and feel full (well, not starving). The concoction consists of fresh lemons, organic maple syrup and cayenne pepper. Crazy I know. The recommend you do the cleanse for 10 days but I have read that you can see good results in 5 days. If I like it and feel all the great health benefits detox touts, I'll try it again sometime after the new year. So far, no great health benefits just a dull headache but that is to be expected!
I keep picturing the mucinx commercial in my mind -- you know the one where the mucus guys living in the lungs are just hanging out watching tv and then like a vacuum comes and sucks them right out! That's what I hope I am accomplishing in this...all those little toxins stuck in my cells, tissues, intestines, lymph nodes, time to pack up, get your bags and leave!
Wish me luck. Tell me if you've done a cleanse or even buy into the whole "detox/cleansing" fad?
Either way, I'll let you know!


No comments:
Post a Comment